AUSTIN (AP) – Texas medical staff says junior quarterback Davis Ash won’t play Thursday night against Iowa State because of a head injury.
Senior Case McCoy will start for the Longhorns (2-2) against the Cyclones (1-2).
Ash has missed part or all of Texas’ previous three games after being injured in the second half of a loss at BYU on Sept. 7. He missed Texas’ loss to Mississippi the next week with concussion-like symptoms and was told to stay away that night to avoid the crowds and lights of the stadium.
Ash returned to play the first half of Texas’ win over Kansas State on Sept. 21. He didn’t return for the second half and the school announced he was being evaluated for a head injury.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Silvers Lifts Troy Over UNT, 50-30, In New Orleans Bowl
- Police: “Criminal Santa” Gets Stuck In Chimney During Burglary Attempt
- Ex-Wife Of Lorenzen Wright Charged With Murder In 2010 Death
- Major Media Players Start Commission For Sexual Misconduct
- Dallas Officer Arrested For Family Violence Assault
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures