Longhorns QB Ash To Miss Iowa St Game With Head Injury
AUSTIN (AP) – Texas medical staff says junior quarterback Davis Ash won’t play Thursday night against Iowa State because of a head injury.
Senior Case McCoy will start for the Longhorns (2-2) against the Cyclones (1-2).
Ash has missed part or all of Texas’ previous three games after being injured in the second half of a loss at BYU on Sept. 7. He missed Texas’ loss to Mississippi the next week with concussion-like symptoms and was told to stay away that night to avoid the crowds and lights of the stadium.
Ash returned to play the first half of Texas’ win over Kansas State on Sept. 21. He didn’t return for the second half and the school announced he was being evaluated for a head injury.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Redskins’ RG3 Probable For Cowboys Game
- ‘The Interview’ Makes $1 Million In Box Office Debut
- Rookie Zack Martin Makes Quick Impression In Dallas
- Jerry Jones Says Cowboys Will Play For Bye Against Redskins
- Mavs Look To Bounce Back Vs Visiting Lakers
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures