Police Searching For Jewelry Store Robber
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Fort Worth are searching for a suspect who has robbed two jewelry stores, one in Fort Worth and another in Arlington.
The Fort Worth incident took place shortly before 11:00 a.m. on Friday, September 27. The suspect walked into a Zales store located in the 4700 block of West Freeway and demanded jewelry items from the clerks working inside. He showed off a handgun during the incident, but no shots were fired.
That suspect fled from the scene driving a faded black SUV with after-market wheels. Authorities said that he ended up getting away with “a substantial amount” of jewelry. But nobody was injured during the crime.
Police also mentioned that the suspect robbed the Zales jewelry store at The Parks Mall in Arlington. Details surrounding that incident were not released.
The suspect has been described as a Hispanic male with a light complexion, about 25 years old, with a pencil-thin mustache and goatee. He is around 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs about 160 pounds. During the Fort Worth robbery, he was wearing an Atlanta Braves baseball cap, a dark long-sleeved shirt with a white shirt underneath, dark-colored pants and tennis shoes with dark-colored laces.
Anybody with information about this suspect or the two robberies is urged to contact the Fort Worth Police Department at 817-392-4375 or Crime Stoppers at 817-469-TIPS. A reward of up to $1,000 has been offered for tips that lead to the arrest of the suspect.
- When It Comes To Your Fantasy Team, Always Be Looking For Someone Better
- Keidel: Money, Mayhem And Madness
- Dwight Howard’s Physical Play Irks Mavs’ Carlisle
- Short But Powerful Storm Rips Through Parts Of Arlington
- Winds, Lightning, Flash Floods, Hail
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures