Three Alarm Fire Burns Former Grandwick Mansion
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – An East Dallas mansion that once housed the Church of Scientology was engulfed in flames Thursday afternoon.
The large two story home, located at 9401 Dixie Lane, was reported on fire around 4:30 in the afternoon with flames and black smoke visible from the roof.
A Dallas Fire Rescue spokesperson says the roof’s material was trapping the fire inside the home and slowing down firefighter’s efforts to pour water on it from above.
No injuries have been reported as a result of the three alarm fire.
The house, which was formerly known as the Grandwick Mansion, was believed to be vacant and has been on the market for sale for the past several years.
- North Texas Kids Prepare To Compete For Championship In Taekwondo
- Fort Worth Duplex Damaged By Fire Caused By A/C
- Fans Get Perfect Traffic Storm When Cowboys, Rangers Play At Same Time
- Cowboys Are Now 0-3 In Preseason
- Trump Says He’ll Decide On Third Party Bid Soon
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures