Three Alarm Fire Burns Former Grandwick Mansion
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – An East Dallas mansion that once housed the Church of Scientology was engulfed in flames Thursday afternoon.
The large two story home, located at 9401 Dixie Lane, was reported on fire around 4:30 in the afternoon with flames and black smoke visible from the roof.
A Dallas Fire Rescue spokesperson says the roof’s material was trapping the fire inside the home and slowing down firefighter’s efforts to pour water on it from above.
No injuries have been reported as a result of the three alarm fire.
The house, which was formerly known as the Grandwick Mansion, was believed to be vacant and has been on the market for sale for the past several years.
- Two Women Rescued From Ft. Worth House Fire Critically Injured
- Man Fathers Daughter’s Child, Arrested For Sexual Abuse
- Indictment: Former Texas Surgeon So Derelict He Left 2 Dead
- New DPS Aircraft Named in Honor of Fallen Trooper
- First Human West Nile Case Reported In Tarrant County
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures