WACO (AP) – There will be new quarterbacks on both sides when 17th-ranked Baylor plays West Virginia in the rematch of the Big 12’s highest-scoring game ever.
Baylor, playing its Big 12 opener at home Saturday night, seems more settled at the position.
Bryce Petty has thrown for 1,001 yards with eight touchdowns and no interceptions in his first three Baylor starts.
West Virginia already has used three different starting quarterbacks in the five games since Geno Smith left for the NFL. Smith passed for 656 yards and eight touchdowns last season in the Mountaineers’ 70-63 victory over Baylor in their first-ever Big 12 game.
Clint Trickett gets his second start in a row after throwing for 309 yards last week in a surprising victory over then-No. 11 Oklahoma State.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Thousands Flock To Partial Eclipse Viewing Parties
- 60 Immigrants Found In Refrigerated Truck Trailer In South Texas
- Vote For KRLD In Dallas Observer’s Best Of Dallas 2017!
- Students Observe Their First Solar Eclipse; Learn Valuable Science Lesson
- Cowboys Unveil Ring Of Honor Walk At The Star In Frisco
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures