AUSTIN (AP) — A Travis County grand jury has declined to indict District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg over her jailhouse behavior following an April arrest for drunken driving.
Lehmberg said in a statement Friday she was grateful for the work of the grand jury.
In a video taken by authorities after her arrest, Lehmberg is shown verbally sparring with officers. At one point she says, “Y’all are going to be in jail, not me.”
Lehmberg pleaded guilty to drunken driving and served half of a 45-day jail sentence. Her refusal to resign from office following the arrest led Gov. Rick Perry to veto state funding for the Travis County office that prosecutes public corruption cases.
A special prosecutor is looking into allegations that Perry abused his powers by stripping those dollars.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trump Backers Cry Foul Over Loss At Arizona GOP Convention
- People In Lindale Clean Up After And Relive Friday Tornado
- Sixth Victim Found Dead From Palestine Flooding
- Minors Injured In Church Van Crash In Fort Worth
- Dallas Homeowner Shoots, Kills Burglary Suspect
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures