Sheep Stolen, Shot, Stabbed And Throats Slit At Coastal Farm
PORT LAVACA (AP) — Calhoun County authorities have assigned a deputy and investigator to the continuing theft or mutilation deaths of Barbado sheep outside Port Lavaca.
Nineteen sheep are dead or missing from a 10-acre property since March, including one vanishing and two killed last week.
Sheriff George Aleman tells The Victoria Advocate the throat of one female animal was cut and its reproductive organs removed.
Tracks in the ground indicate one sheep likely was cornered and then caught. Aleman says a male animal was either shot or stabbed and run into a pond.
Aleman says he’s assigned a deputy and investigator to the case. Owner Wayne Daggs says he’s not inclined to spend nights with the sheep and mosquitoes because it could take weeks or months to find out who’s responsible.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- USWNT Vs. Germany: 5 Things To Know
- Christie Back At School To Announce 2016 Run
- Could Texas Abortion Clinics Reopen?
- Obama Proposes More Overtime Coverage
- Bush To Release 33 Years Of Tax Returns
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures