A Good Loss For The Cowboys
The 2007-2008 NY Giants won the Super Bowl against the Patriots (luckily). However, without a regular season ending loss to New England, David Tyree’s BS catch would’ve never existed. The Giants NEEDED the confidence from that 38-35 loss to believe they could play with the previously unbeaten Pats. Even the Gmen will tell you the importance of that game and what it did for their belief heading into the Super Bowl.
The Cowboys “Giant” moment should be a Tony Romo led offense that felt the pressure to score on every single possession vs Peyton Manning. That urgency and zero margin for error finally unveiled a Cowboy offense that we thought we were getting in the offseason. It took the expectation of a classic Texas duel to finally bring it out, and it has to stay.
Now, the Cowboys may not light up the scoreboard like that for the rest of the season, but it shouldn’t matter. That URGENCY, that mindset of ATTACKING with every opportunity probably won’t lead to 48 points, but it should definitely lead to 28. That scoring output will be good enough to not only win the NFC East, but make the Boys a legitimate threat in the process.
Have you ever stumbled upon an awesome food combo by accident? On Monday’s New School, RJ Choppy told the tale of accidentally dropping an oreo cookie into his chili (eww, I know).
Mac Engel had an accident that led to bacon in his ice cream. Both concoctions are now fixtures for my 2 tasteless co-workers. (BTW- curious to know YOUR combo discovery)
The same needs to happen for the Cowboys starting with a 13 point win over the Redskins Sunday night. Use the offense you stumbled upon vs Peyton to propel you to the high-scoring attack you’re capable of being.
I know fan-fans DESPISE the term and Jason Garrett predictably rejected it with us during his weekly Monday appearance, but there’s gold somewhere in that bowl of chili.
And that is why Sunday was definitely a good loss for the Cowboys.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Parents Vent Frustration With Lakewood Elementary After CO Leak
- Taxpayers To Pay For Some Of Commissioner John Wiley Price’s Defense Bill
- Potholes Continue To Cause Problems For North Texas Drivers
- Family: Benbrook Man Was The Victim Of Deadly Slip & Fall Accident
- Actress Finds More Freedom With “Bionic” Arm
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures