Baylor, Big 12 Teams Can Play Some Defense, Too
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — Forget for a second that Baylor is scoring an eye-popping 70 points per game. The Bears _ and some other teams in the high-scoring Big 12 _ are doing solid work on the other side of the ball, too.
No. 15 Baylor is holding opponents to 16 points and 321 yards per game. The Bears forced four turnovers last week in a 73-42 win over West Virginia, which scored two touchdowns on defense.
Baylor (4-0, 1-0 Big 12) has another test in its first road game Saturday at Kansas State (2-3, 0-2).
For all the Bears have done to get into the end zone, Kansas State coach Bill Snyder says Baylor’s defense has improved since the end of 2012, when Baylor ended the Wildcats’ national championship dreams.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Cowboys First-Teamers ‘In Good Place’ After Vikings Effort
- Cowboys Are Now 0-3 In Preseason
- Let Other Fantasy Baseball Owners Take Chances On September Call-Ups
- Rookie Spotlight: Vic Beasley Will Be An Every-Down Player For Atlanta Falcons
- Boxing Analyst Steve Farhood: ‘I’d Put Floyd Between Top Ten And 15 All Time’