Franchitti Thanks Fans For Support After Houston Wreck
Sports Fan Insider
HOUSTON (AP) – Three-time Indianapolis 500 winner Dario Franchitti will remain in Houston for the next few days as he recovers from a frightening crash at the last lap of the Houston grand prix over the weekend.
Franchitti’s car went airborne into the fence during Sunday’s race. He broke his right ankle, fractured two vertebrae in his spine and received a concussion. He had surgery on the ankle Sunday night and was hospitalized.
Target Chip Ganassi Racing said Monday that Franchitti “will remain in Houston for a few days” and then be taken to Indianapolis for further evaluation.
Franchitti thanked his fans for their support.
The wreck also injured and IndyCar official and 13 fans, including two who were taken to a hospital for treatment.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Zack Wheeler Could Become Mets’ Ace For 2014 Season
- Keller PD Uses Social Media To Reveal Speed Traps
- Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With Plane Carrying 239 People
- Police: Husband Suspected Of Killing Wife
- Lake Highland Rape Victims Bravely Face Attacker In Court
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures