Tony Stewart Has 3rd Leg Surgery
KANNAPOLIS, N.C. (AP) — NASCAR driver Tony Stewart is recovering from a third surgery on his right leg following an August crash at an Iowa sprint car track.
Stewart-Haas Racing said the procedure was done Monday to to examine and close a wound on his shin stemming from the broken tibia and fibula he suffered in the Aug. 5 crash at Southern Iowa Speedway. He remains hospitalized for observation.
The team said the surgery was a proactive measure and Stewart is expected back with the team next season. He also had surgery on Aug. 6 and Aug. 8, with the latter procedure done to insert a metal rod inside the tibia.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Matt Kenseth Ends 51-Race Drought At Rainy Bristol
- Kyle Busch Has No Timetable For NASCAR Return After Daytona Wreck
- Only Shove By Harvick This Time At Texas Comes On The Track
- Jimmie Johnson Gets 5th Sprint Cup Win At Texas
- NASCAR Fans Gather For Races At Texas Motor Speedway
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures