DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Dallas are searching for the second suspect in an attempted ATM theft. The incident happened at around 3:00 a.m. early Tuesday morning at the Speedy Cash check cashing store located in the 2600 block of South Hampton Road.
Two workers were inside of the store when a pickup truck rammed a front window twice with its rear end. Then, two men wearing hoodies, concealing their faces and wearing gloves loaded an ATM into the pickup truck. That vehicle and a van drove away from the scene together. Both vehicles, police said, had been reported stolen.
The employees at the store pressed a panic button and notified authorities. Squad cars were able to catch up with the suspects in a nearby alley, after they had transferred the ATM into the van. There was a long foot chase and police officers managed to nab one of the two men. He has been identified as 21-year-old Delvone Strain. Police have been searching a nearby apartment complex for the second suspect.
One of the store employees took out his cell phone and was able to snap a photograph of a suspect, however, Speedy Cash managers have not allowed that picture to be released at this time. Nobody was injured during the incident. The workers were shaken, but stationed safely behind bulletproof glass.
Authorities returned the stolen ATM — still inside of the stolen van — to the Speedy Cash store about three hours after it was taken. No cash had been removed. The machine was placed inside of a locked room, and the hole in the storefront was boarded shut.
Investigators at the scene said that these types of thefts are more common in October, November, December and January. Police are trying to determine if this was an organized effort that could possibly involve more people, even simply a third suspect.
- Peanut Butter Vandal Mistakes Gathering For Trump Rally
- Michelle Obama Isn’t Saying “Donald Trump”
- Pulse Nightclub Gates Open For Unveiling Of New Memorial
- ‘Wild Thing’ Offers To Throw First Pitch At World Series
- Warriors Still The Team To Beat In The West
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures