COLLEGE STATION (AP) – No. 9 Texas A&M has lost senior defensive tackle Kirby Ennis for the season to a knee injury.
Ennis was injured Sept. 28 against Arkansas. Coach Kevin Sumlin says that Ennis will have surgery to repair the torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee and will miss the remainder of the season.
Ennis appeared in four games this season after being suspended for the opener for violating team rules. He had six tackles.
Ennis started 11 games last season and had a career-high 23 tackles, including two for losses.
The Aggies travel to Mississippi on Saturday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Photographer Gives Free Photo Shoots To Special Needs Families
- U.S. Wants To Force Lower Speeds On Truck And Bus Drivers
- Texas Mom’s Legal Fight Ends With Cameras In Special Ed Classes
- Study Finds Teens Vaping Sweet Flavors, Not Nicotine
- FDA Advises Zika Screening For All U.S. Blood Centers
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures