IRVING (105.3 THE FAN) – The Dallas Cowboys announced Tuesday that they have released Safety Will Allen.
Allen, a 10-year veteran, signed a one-year deal with the Cowboys during free agency this past spring after spending the previous three-years with the Steelers.
Allen was a fourth round pick for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the 2004 NFL Draft after earning All-American honors at the Ohio State University.
During his career with the Cowboys, Allen recorded nine tackles in five games with three passes defensed and an interception.
There was no immediate corresponding move Tuesday, leaving the Cowboys with an open roster spot.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- TCU Falls To Coastal Carolina 4-1
- Briles Officially Out At Baylor After Sexual Assault Scandal
- Will Derrick Rose Save The Knicks… Can Anyone?
- Shippy & Luds: In The 5 Hole: Stars Off-Season Moves & More
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: June 20th-June 24th
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures