MCKINNEY (CBSDFW.COM) — A McKinney family lost their dream home to a massive fire on Monday night.
It happened in the historical district near downtown McKinney on Louisiana Street. A neighbor called 911 after spotting quick burning flames around 9:30 p.m. on Monday.
“The entire structure was on fire when they pulled up,” said Assistant Fire Chief Tim Mock.
Due to the intensity of the fire, crews were forced to go on the defensive attack as soon as they arrived.
Mock says the homeowners were in the process of remodeling the home that had been moved into the neighborhood from Highland Park back in the 1990’s.
Mock says no one was injured and they are still trying to figure out what caused the blaze.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- NRH Police Looking For Would-Be Bank Robber
- Police Seek Driver Who Hit & Killed Red Oak Woman
- Historic Texas Site Among 20 Vying For Preservation Funds
- Ford Recalls 271,000 Pickups To Fix Brake Fluid Leak
- New Captain America Comic Suggests He’s With Hydra
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures