NEW YORK (AP) — Google is introducing a new, cheap laptop based on its Chrome operating system.
Hewlett Packard Co. is making the new HP Chromebook 11. It starts selling Tuesday for $279.
Unlike Windows and Mac laptops, Chromebooks rely heavily on having a continuous Internet connection to run Google and other online services. Many apps don’t run directly on the device but over the Internet.
The price of the Chromebook 11 is in line with most other Chromebooks using Chrome OS, but the new model sports many design features that are usually found on pricier devices. The laptop has plastic frame with no sharp edges or corners. Its display is 11.6-inches measured diagonally, and it weighs less than 2 pounds.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Slain Convenience Clerk’s Wife Devastated
- Talk Of Moving TSA Checkpoints Outside
- Oak Lawn Men Say They Were Chased By Fake Officer
- North Texas Researchers Working On Alzheimer’s Cure
- Helpful Reminder In Wake Of Deadly Accident
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures