Internal Struggles Hover Over Texas AD Search
Sports Fan Insider
AUSTIN (AP) – The University of Texas’ search for a new athletic director comes at a rocky time for the school, which has been caught in a power struggle between campus President Bill Powers and the Board of Regents.
Powers has been fighting attempts by some regents to force him out and holds only a slim majority of support from a board that has shown a willingness to meddle in the school’s football program.
Given that struggle, will the regents want to play a role in finding a leader for the nation’s richest athletic program? And will Powers’ fight for his own job scare off top candidates?
Powers says he’ll lead the job search. He’ll also consult with board Chairman Paul Foster and the board’s athletic liaisons, regents Steve Hicks and Robert Stillwell.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Opponent Profile: New Orleans Saints Hope To Repeat 2013 Rout Of Cowboys
- “How Not To Fumble” With Babe & Karen
- Mansfield Teacher Dies Days After Indecency Allegations
- Parents Upset Teachers Switching Campuses 4 Weeks Into School Year
- Hospital Begins Testing Texas Babies For TB After Worker Diagnosed
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures