Two Dead In Murder-Suicide Near Love Field Airport
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas Police say a domestic dispute led to a man shooting and killing his wife before turning the gun on himself.
Officers responded to a shooting call in the 7300 block of Fillmore Road near Dallas Love Field Airport on Monday night. When they arrived, Esmeralda Gonzalez, 34, was found lying at the base of the porch steps.
Police secured and relocated the victim, who had been shot multiple times.
Police then heard a gunshot. SWAT responded to the scene and found 39-year-old Efrain Gonzalez deceased from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in the backyard.
Dallas Fire-Rescue pronounced the victim and suspect deceased.
Homicide detectives learned that the two were involved in a domestic dispute earlier in the evening and have ruled the deaths a murder-suicide.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dangerous Antibiotic Could Be Responsible For Deaths
- Texas Keeps NCAA Hopes Alive, Beats No. 14 Baylor 61-59
- No. 6 Baylor Ends Regular Season 75-65 Over Texas Tech
- Explosion Destroys Home In Southeast Dallas
- Celina Teacher Accidentally Sets Off Active Shooter Alert
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures