ARLINGTON (AP) – Arlington police have reunited a family with the puppy stolen from their home in a burglary more than four months ago.
The family and the English bulldog named Maggie were reunited last week. Scott Hancock told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on Tuesday that Maggie’s return home has gone well.
Arlington police say they were surprised to find Maggie still with the suspect, who was arrested after an officer recognized his vehicle from previous burglary reports and made a traffic stop. During the stop, they found two stolen iPads, including one traced to the Hancock family.
Officers searching the suspect’s apartment that night recovered stolen weapons, televisions, computers, jewelry, coins and Maggie.
Detective Julia Vecchioni says, “Usually when dogs are taken, it’s very rare you are able to locate them again.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Community Excited About Improvements At South Oak Cliff High School
- No. 9 Texas A&M Looks To Improve Against New Mexico State
- Fantasy Football: Who To Start, Who To Sit For Week 8
- Wentz, Prescott Lead Eagles, Cowboys Into NFC East Showdown
- AA Plane Catches Fire At O’Hare Airport
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures