WACO (105.3 THE FAN) — In the team’s first four games, the Baylor Bears (4-0) have scored 69, 70, 70 and 73 points. So is this the best offensive attack of Art Briles’ career at Baylor?
“Yeah, I think that’s pretty safe. It’s been kind of surreal,” said Briles on 105.3 The Fan’s New School with Shan & RJ.
Briles success with the Bears has also put the coach in the national spotlight as a potential candidate at some of the nation’s largest programs. USC has an opening after AD Pat Haden fired head coach Lane Kiffin last week. And speculation continues to swirl around Mack Brown at the University of Texas, just a three-hour drive down I-35.
“The great thing about my situation is I don’t really pay attention to anything,” said Briles. “It’s a week-to-week job, and all I am trying to do is just stay focused on the task at hand — and that task is making Baylor the best it can be.”
While Briles didn’t explicitly deny that he has been contacted by any other schools, the Baylor coach, who serves as his own agent, says he’s happy in Waco.
“I’m extremely happy here at Baylor…We’ve got a good thing going and I can’t see myself anywhere else.”
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Volquez Returns To Rangers On Minor League Deal While Recovering
- Carroll ISD Sends Summary Of Findings Into Football Program Violations To UIL
- Gary Parrish: Xavier And Cincinnati Both Have Final Four Potential
- Keidel: Great Athletes Don’t Always Make Great Champions
- Struggling ‘Nova Faces Surging Xavier, Top Teams Clash In AAC This Weekend