Taylor Swift Sets Songwriting Record
NEW YORK (AP) - Taylor Swift has set a record with the Nashville Songwriters Association International.
The organization announced Tuesday that it would name Swift as its songwriter/artist of the year. This is her sixth win, beating out five-time winners Vince Gill and Alan Jackson.
The award recognizes Nashville acts that have achieved Top 30 singles. Swift has released 14 Top 30 songs from July 2012 through June 2013. She’s also the youngest artist to win the honor.
Her six awards will be displayed at the Taylor Swift Education Center, which opens Saturday at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville. The 23-year-old singer donated $4 million to the center.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Rangers Sign OF Choo To 7-Year Deal
- Viewers Help Grandmother Who Had Christmas Gifts Stolen
- Community Makes Repaired Home One Family’s Christmas Miracle
- Local Police Department Posts DWI Jingle Video
- Texas Homeowner Finds Human Skull In Yard
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures