AUSTIN (AP) – Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, who’s seeking the Republican nomination for governor, is to address the Texas Association of Realtors.
Abbott is to appear at an Austin hotel Thursday. He’s crisscrossing the state since announcing in July that he’s running to succeed Gov. Rick Perry in next year’s election.
Perry isn’t seeking a fourth full term. Abbott has amassed a massive campaign war chest and is the front-runner to replace him.
Last week, state Sen. Wendy Davis of Fort Worth launched her campaign for the Democratic nomination for governor. She became an overnight national political sensation in June by staging a nearly 13-hour filibuster against new abortion limits the Legislature ultimately passed.
A Democrat hasn’t won statewide office since 1994, however, and Davis has raised far less money than Abbott.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Garland ISD Employee Arrested For Possessing Child Porn
- Historic Eclipse Turns Day Into Night Across US
- Police Hunt For TV Thief Wearing ‘I’m Broke Baby’ T-Shirt
- Did Today’s Eclipse Pass You By? There’s Another One In 7 Years
- Judge Denies Witness Chance To View Eclipse
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures