Fort Worth Officer Fired For Falsifying Information
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - A Fort Worth officer was kicked off the force for filing a false sworn statement about an arrest, police said Thursday.
Officer Benjamin Hanlon was let go on Tuesday for lying on an affidavit for an arrest that happened in August.
Hanlon was one of the officers involved in the deadly shooting of an elderly homeowner in May. The owner of the Fort Worth home, Jerry Waller, 72, was killed during the burglary call. In addition to Hanlon, another officer was suspended, according to the department.
Fort Worth police said Hanlon’s termination isn’t related to Waller’s death.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Jury In Super Bowl Seating Trial To Hear From NFL Commisioner
- Fears Turns To Frustration For Lakewood Elementary Parents
- Community Chips In To Rebuild Keller Family’s Home
- Authorities Say Teens Getting Dangerous Hallucinogens In The Mail
- DISD Student Captures Teacher’s Profanity-Laced Lecture On Cell Phone
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures