MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) – Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points as the Dallas Mavericks withstood a fourth-quarter rally to defeat the Memphis Grizzlies 95-90 in a preseason game Wednesday night.
Nowitzki, who played 23-plus minutes, was 7 of 10 from the field, including making both 3-point attempts. Vince Carter had 12 points, while Samuel Dalembert and Monta Ellis added 11 each for Dallas (1-1). Ellis had eight assists.
Jon Leuer had 17 points, 10 rebounds and five assists for the Grizzlies (0-2). Starters Mike Conley and Zach Randolph had 12 points apiece, while rookie Nick Calathes finished with 11 points for Memphis.
Dallas led by as many as 23 points in the game, but with both teams using reserves in the fourth, Memphis got within 83-82. The Mavericks closed the game on a 13-7 run.
Memphis played without regular rotation players Marc Gasol, Tony Allen, Tayshaun Prince, Quincy Pondexter and Kosta Koufos. Among the Mavericks sitting out were Brandan Wright, Devin Harris, Shane Larkin and Jose Calderon.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- AP Top 25: Ohio State Slips, Penn State In, Houston Out
- Tyler Perry’s ‘Madea’ Tops Cruise’s ‘Jack Reacher’ Sequel
- Richardson Police Investigating Fatal Motorcycle Accident
- Man Found Guilty Of Manslaughter For Fatal Punch In Corpus Christi
- Defense Rests: No. 16 Oklahoma Beats Texas Tech 66-59
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures