Southwest Jet Makes Emergency Landing In Houston
DALLAS (AP) – A Southwest Airlines jet bound from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport to Florida has made an emergency landing in Houston due to cabin pressure issues.
A spokeswoman for Dallas-based Southwest said Thursday that Flight 2896 landed safely at William P. Hobby Airport.
Whitney Eichinger says nobody was hurt in Wednesday night’s incident. She says the 140 passengers were transferred to another plane and continued on to Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Eichinger says a pressurization issue was detected as the Boeing 737-700 departed from Austin. Further details weren’t immediately available.
The jet was taken out of service for inspection.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Savvy Shopping Mom Pays It Forward At Christmas
- Lewisville PD Identify Police Shooting Suspect
- Patients Feel The Pinch Of Higher Generic Drug Prices
- DFW Gas Prices Falling In Time For The Holidays
- Oil Boom Brings New Focus To Univ. Of Texas’ Land
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures