DALLAS (AP) — A Southwest Airlines jet bound from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport to Florida has made an emergency landing in Houston due to cabin pressure issues.
A spokeswoman for Dallas-based Southwest said Thursday that Flight 2896 landed safely at William P. Hobby Airport.
Whitney Eichinger says nobody was hurt in Wednesday night’s incident. She says the 140 passengers were transferred to another plane and continued on to Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Eichinger says a pressurization issue was detected as the Boeing 737-700 departed from Austin. Further details weren’t immediately available.
The jet was taken out of service for inspection.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Plano Firefighter Finishes Yard Work For 90-Year-Old Who Collapsed Outside
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Co-Stars Kit Harington, Rose Leslie Married In Scotland
- Bicyclist In Critical Condition After Being Struck By Vehicle In Frisco
- Beltre, Chirinos Help Lead Rangers To 7th Straight Win
- H-E-B Issues Quality Withdrawal For Bread And Buns Due To Unbalance In Yeast
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures