DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Prime Prep Academy has fired co-founder Deion Sanders following an alleged confrontation with a faculty member on Wednesday.
Superintendent Rachel M. King-Sanders released a statement announcing the news on Friday.
“Effective immediately, Deion Sanders is no longer an employee or representative for Prime Prep Academy.”
Sanders admitted his involvement as the suspect in the incident to CBS 11, though he denies that any assault occurred.
According to a police report from the event, a faculty member at the school, Kevin Jefferson, stated that Sanders became angry during a faculty meeting, which initiated a confrontation.
Jefferson reported that Sanders then made statements towards him, approached him and grabbed him by the collar, pushing him into the wall. Witnesses were forced to step in and stop the altercation.
Sanders took to Twitter on Thursday to deny the allegations, and again on Friday after the decision was made.
In a statement released on the school’s website, the school’s Chairman of the Board of Directors, T. Christopher Lewis, confirmed the superintendent’s decision.
“On behalf of the board of directors of Uplift Fort Worth, CDC, the governing body for Prime Prep Academy, I write in support of the decision to end the relationship between Prime Prep Academy and Mr. Deion Sanders. It is commonly known that Mr. Sanders is a co-founder and has served as an ambassador and employee of the school since its establishment. His positive contribution is appreciated and regarded as a laudable example. The school family wishes Mr. Sanders much success in his future endeavors.”
Prime Prep Academy was established by Sanders and his partner DL Wallace in August 2012 and has enrollment of just under 300 students. The school withdrew from the UIL last November amidst growing criticism surrounding its athletic program.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. )
- Dash Cam Captures Red-Light Traffic Signal Issue In Plano
- Motorcyclist Dies After Losing Control, Hitting Pole
- President Trump: First 100 Days
- Texas House Orders Study Before Using Poison On Feral Hogs
- Jurors Hear Harrowing 911 Calls In Trial For Accused Killer Of 4
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures