No. 20 Texas Tech Could Be Without QB Mayfield
LUBBOCK (AP) — Texas Tech could be bowl eligible at the earliest date in five years if it beats Iowa State on Saturday.
In his first season as coach of the No. 20 Red Raiders, Kliff Kingsbury might equal what his former coach did in 2008. Mike Leach had Texas Tech at 6-0 three weeks before the Red Raiders (5-0, 2-0) rose to their highest ranking ever, No. 2, after toppling No. 1 Texas to be 9-0.
Kingsbury also could become the first Texas Tech coach to win his first six games in his first season.
Texas Tech quarterback Baker Mayfield twisted his right knee last week and might not play.
Iowa State (1-3, 0-1) is eyeing its first Big 12 win after falling 31-30 to Texas on a final-minute score last week.
The Cyclones’ loses have come by a combined 15 points.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- The Top 3 Potential Additions To The Cowboys Running Back Depth Chart
- The Top 5 Potential Playoff Starting Pitchers Under 26 Years-Old
- Notre Dame’s Zaire Seeks To Stay Calm Vs Texas Longhorns
- Ring Announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr.: ‘If Floyd Underestimates Berto, He Could Be In Trouble’
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: August 31st-September 4th