SHERMAN (AP) — A North Texas football coach shot in 2005 by an athlete’s father has been stripped of his duties as athletic director after being sanctioned by the governing agency for high school sports.
The Herald Democrat in Sherman reports Gary Kinne will still coach football at the school 60 miles northeast of Dallas. Superintendent Al Hambrick dismissed him as athletic director this week.
Kinne recently was suspended a game by the University Interscholastic League for violations including participating in offseason 7-on-7 football.
Kinne says he doesn’t agree with his punishment, but accepts it.
He was critically wounded while coaching in Canton, southeast of Dallas. Jeff Doyal Robertson, who believed his son was being treated unfairly, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Body Found In Trinity River In Dallas
- Performance Auto Parts Retailer Opening Super Store In Arlington
- Chinese Doctors Use Baylor Cardiac Rehab As Model Program
- Convicted Child Rapist Added To Texas 10 Most Wanted List
- Fort Bend County Sheriff Looking For Missing King Cobra
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures