Suspect Arrested In Oak Cliff Following Brief Chase, Shooting
OAK CLIFF (CBSDFW.COM) – One man is in custody following a brief chase involving two suspects and an undercover officer in Oak Cliff early Friday morning.
At approximately 3 a.m., uniformed officers were dispatched to the area of Hartsdale and Ninth Street in search of suspects in a reported car theft.
Undercover officers, also driving in the area, received a call regarding an armed encounter at 2903 West Davis St. The undercover officers heard shots fired from the location and observed a black SUV leaving the scene at a high rate of speed. The black SUV struck an unmarked police car, and the driver did not stop.
The driver and passenger then attempted to flee the scene on foot in different directions.
An undercover officer, who was wearing a police identifier, gave loud verbal commands for the suspect to show his hands, which were near his waistband. The suspect turned towards the officers and raised an unknown object in the direction of the officer. Fearing for his life, the undercover officer shot at the suspect, but missed. The suspect was taken into custody.
The second suspect is still at large.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth Mayor Upset With Police Workers Comp. Firm
- Chery Lifts No. 20 Baylor To Rout of No. 19 Texas 83-60
- Prairie View Sprints To 89-63 Win Over Alabama A&M
- Aggies Get 6th Straight Win, 69-58, Over Vanderbilt
- Former Cowboy Charles Haley Among NFL Hall Of Fame Inductees
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures