From College Sports
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana (AP) - The home of the Green Bay Packers will host its first college football in 33 years and it should be a good one: LSU against Wisconsin at Lambeau Field in 2016.
The Packers announced the game on Friday and said the teams will play on Sept. 3, 2016. It’s an early-season game with little risk of the “frozen tundra” Lambeau is famous for after the so-called “Ice Bowl” of 1967, when the Packers defeated the Dallas Cowboys to win a spot in the second Super Bowl.
Three previous college games have been played at Lambeau Field, but none of them were Division I showdowns: St. Norbert College, six miles from Lambeau Field, has won three times there, twice beating Fordham (1982, 1983) and Mankato State College in 1960.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth’s BNSF Railway To Offer Health Care To Same-Sex Spouses
- Mexico City Arena Evacuated Before NBA Tipoff Between Spurs, Timberwolves
- Trial Begins For Drunk Driving Teen That Killed Four
- Bullying Problems May Have Led Texas Mom To Attack Kids On School Bus
- Uber Teams Up With Home Depot To Deliver Christmas Trees
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures