BATON ROUGE, Louisiana (AP) – The home of the Green Bay Packers will host its first college football in 33 years and it should be a good one: LSU against Wisconsin at Lambeau Field in 2016.
The Packers announced the game on Friday and said the teams will play on Sept. 3, 2016. It’s an early-season game with little risk of the “frozen tundra” Lambeau is famous for after the so-called “Ice Bowl” of 1967, when the Packers defeated the Dallas Cowboys to win a spot in the second Super Bowl.
Three previous college games have been played at Lambeau Field, but none of them were Division I showdowns: St. Norbert College, six miles from Lambeau Field, has won three times there, twice beating Fordham (1982, 1983) and Mankato State College in 1960.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Xcel Energy Approves $40M In New Transmission Projects
- Smoking Video, College Cash Controversy Makes Laremy Tunsil Draft’s Biggest Joke
- DISD Approves New Home, But Rejects School Repairs
- Texas A&M’s Germain Ifedi Drafted By Seahawks To Addresses Offensive Line
- 18-Wheeler Crash Shuts Down Parts Of Interstate-20
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures