Good Samaritan Drowns In Lewisville Lake
TARRANT COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) - A man drowned in Lewisville Lake Friday while trying to help another person whose canoe capsized.
Mark Vasquez, 41, wasn’t wearing a life jacket, according to Denton County Deputies. They say he drowned in the water near Cottonwood Creek Marina.
Vasquez lived in Little Elm.
Police have not released any information at this time about the condition of the canoeist.
Lewisville Lake is a reservoir located in North Texas on the Elm Fork of the Trinity River in Denton County near Lewisville.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 30 Players: Souza Has Tools To Impress For Tampa Bay Rays
- US Running Out Of Room To Store Oil; Price Collapse Next?
- Breaking Down College Basketball’s Top 25 Teams [1-5]
- New NCAA Legislation On Academic Misconduct In Works
- MLB Tries To Speed Up Games This Spring
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures