TARRANT COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – A man drowned in Lewisville Lake Friday while trying to help another person whose canoe capsized.
Mark Vasquez, 41, wasn’t wearing a life jacket, according to Denton County Deputies. They say he drowned in the water near Cottonwood Creek Marina.
Vasquez lived in Little Elm.
Police have not released any information at this time about the condition of the canoeist.
Lewisville Lake is a reservoir located in North Texas on the Elm Fork of the Trinity River in Denton County near Lewisville.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- President Donald Trump Pulls No Punches At Inaugural Address
- 2017 NBA All-Star Game Starting Lineups
- Bush & Wife Remain Hospitalized In Houston
- Trump Signs Measure Granting Mattis Waiver To Serve As Defense Secretary
- 103 College Players To Give Up Eligibility To Enter NFL Draft
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures