DALLAS (AP) – The Big 12 is setting up to be the wide-open race that was expected, even with a few early surprises.
No. 12 Baylor and 16th-ranked Texas Tech are the league’s only undefeated teams. Texas is 3-0 in the conference after starting 1-2 this season.
Defending Big 12 champion Kansas State is 0-3 in conference play.
Texas coach Mack Brown says the league is exciting this season because there’s not just one team that anybody can pick.
With eight weeks left in the regular season, all of the top five teams in the league standings still have to play each other – except for Texas’ victory over Oklahoma on Saturday.
The 18th-ranked Sooners and No. 21 Oklahoma State both have one Big 12 loss.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Veteran Dallas Police Officer Needs A Kidney Transplant
- More Finger Pointing As Paxton’s Trial Expected To Cost $2M
- 4-time Pro Bowl RB Arian Foster Retires
- First Day Of Early Voting Way Ahead Of Past Two Elections In North Texas
- Analysts Doubt Texas Is A Toss-Up State
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures