BAHAMAS (AP) — A new college football bowl game will be played in the Bahamas, starting in 2014.
The game will be rotated among teams from five conferences: Mid-American, American Athletic, Mountain West, Sun Belt and Conference USA.
The game will be played at Thomas A. Robinson Stadium in Nassau before New Year’s Eve and the deal with the conferences runs for six years.
The MAC will be the anchor team for the first four seasons. Last week, the five leagues announced a similar arrangement with a new bowl in Boca Raton, Fla., to be played at Florida Atlantic’s stadium.
The conferences are expected to soon announce the creation of another game to be played at Marlins Park in Miami and anchored by the American Athletic Conference.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Sports News:
- North Texan Is Last Surviving Member Of ’48 World Champion Indians
- NY Giants Release Kicker Josh Brown After Abuse Admissions
- Fan Dies After Falling While Leaving Broncos Football Game
- Four Big Games To Watch This College Football Saturday
- Cowboys Battle Eagles With NFC East Lead On The Line
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures