BAHAMAS (AP) — A new college football bowl game will be played in the Bahamas, starting in 2014.
The game will be rotated among teams from five conferences: Mid-American, American Athletic, Mountain West, Sun Belt and Conference USA.
The game will be played at Thomas A. Robinson Stadium in Nassau before New Year’s Eve and the deal with the conferences runs for six years.
The MAC will be the anchor team for the first four seasons. Last week, the five leagues announced a similar arrangement with a new bowl in Boca Raton, Fla., to be played at Florida Atlantic’s stadium.
The conferences are expected to soon announce the creation of another game to be played at Marlins Park in Miami and anchored by the American Athletic Conference.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Sports News:
- Chargers, Bosa Agree To 4-Year Deal
- Strong Keeping Longhorns Quarterback A Secret
- Cowboys Zeke: ‘Bad Decision’ To Visit Seattle Pot Shop
- U.S. Open Features New Roof, But No Rain In Sight
- Troy Goes To Sports Cards Heaven
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures