Cowboys’ Murray, Ware Out Against Redskins
Cowboys CentralBuy Cowboys Tickets Shop for Cowboys Gear NFL Scoreboard
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (AP) – Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray sprained a ligament in his left knee and defensive end DeMarcus Ware injured his right quad during a 31-16 victory over Washington on Sunday night.
Murray, who had a 4-yard TD run on the opening drive of the game, never returned after the second quarter. Ware was also hurt before halftime.
“We’ll have to see on both of them. I did talk to DeMarcus and he seemed optimistic he could be out there,” owner Jerry Jones said after the game. “We thought DeMarco would be back out there but decided against it.”
Jones said he didn’t know how to talk about their injuries related to next week’s game at Philadelphia, “but what I heard doesn’t seem long-term for those injuries.”
Redskins linebacker Bryan Kehl also left with a sprained left knee, and cornerback David Amerson sustained a concussion.
Coach Mike Shanahan said after the game he had no update on Kehl or Amerson.
Murray had seven carries for a team-high 29 yards, his last a 6-yarder early in the second quarter. He was seen on the sidelines before halftime wearing a baseball cap and conferring with team medical officials.
(©2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Water Main Break Floods Dallas Church
- 5 Ways Tom Brady’s Life Could Have Panned Out
- Rangers Win 7th Straight, Rout AL-Best Angels 12-3
- Flu Shots = Big Business For Retailers
- Wendy Davis Attacks Greg Abbott In First Debate
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures