ARLINGTON (AP) – Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray sprained a ligament in his left knee and defensive end DeMarcus Ware injured his right quad during a 31-16 victory over Washington on Sunday night.
Murray, who had a 4-yard TD run on the opening drive of the game, never returned after the second quarter. Ware was also hurt before halftime.
“We’ll have to see on both of them. I did talk to DeMarcus and he seemed optimistic he could be out there,” owner Jerry Jones said after the game. “We thought DeMarco would be back out there but decided against it.”
Jones said he didn’t know how to talk about their injuries related to next week’s game at Philadelphia, “but what I heard doesn’t seem long-term for those injuries.”
Redskins linebacker Bryan Kehl also left with a sprained left knee, and cornerback David Amerson sustained a concussion.
Coach Mike Shanahan said after the game he had no update on Kehl or Amerson.
Murray had seven carries for a team-high 29 yards, his last a 6-yarder early in the second quarter. He was seen on the sidelines before halftime wearing a baseball cap and conferring with team medical officials.
(©2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Oak Lawn Community On Edge After Deaths Of 2 Transgender Women, Robberies
- Official: Woman Missing At Lake Ray Hubbard After Going Into Water
- Teacher Who Stopped School Shooter Released From Hospital
- American Jailed In Venezuela For 2 Years Arrives In US
- Choo New Top HR Hitter From Asia, Lifts Texas Over KC In 10
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures