According to Denton Police, the aggravated assault occurred around 8:10 p.m. in Quakertown Park near Oakland Street.
When authorities arrived at the scene, the victim — a 30-year-old male — was located near a storm drain on the west side of the park. The victim appeared to have been stabbed twice, once on his lower left side and once at the base of the neck just above the sternum.
He was transported to Denton Regional Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The two suspects — James W. Maraman, 56, and James G. Powell, 49 — approached the victim and his friends in the park, reportedly to warn him to stay away from his ex-girlfriend. An argument escalated into a physical altercation.
Witnesses say the suspects assaulted the victim with a knife, though it is unclear if both men were armed with knives. Two knives were recovered at the scene.
Maraman and Powell were arrested and are being held at the Denton Police Department Jail on charges of Aggravated Assault. The investigation is ongoing.
- President Trump Says He Has No Recordings Of Comey Conversation
- TK O’Ryan Won’t Be Defined By Broken Leg
- Gas Prices Across Texas Down A Nickel This Week
- Funeral Set For Family Killed In Collin County Crash
- Dallas Officer Indicted For Killing Woman In Stolen Car
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures