TYLER (CBSDFW.COM) – A teenager and several of his friends were almost struck by lighting on Lake Athens Saturday afternoon.
Tucker Owings, 16, and his friends were fishing on the lake near Tyler, when skies turned stormy overhead. He was recording the storm on his camera when a bolt of lighting struck in front of their boat.
The teen said that he and his friends felt “static” in their fishing rods, which is why they started heading toward shore.
No one onboard was injured.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Experts: The Future Is Now For Self-Driving Cars
- Texas Releases Abortion Booklet Citing Refuted Cancer Links
- Children With Disabilities Caught In Middle Of Battle Over Medicaid Cuts
- Hit-And-Run Driver Pushes Grandmother’s Car Onto Train Tracks
- Former Fed Official Edward W. ‘Mike’ Kelley Jr. Dies At 84
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures