TYLER (CBSDFW.COM) – A teenager and several of his friends were almost struck by lighting on Lake Athens Saturday afternoon.
Tucker Owings, 16, and his friends were fishing on the lake near Tyler, when skies turned stormy overhead. He was recording the storm on his camera when a bolt of lighting struck in front of their boat.
The teen said that he and his friends felt “static” in their fishing rods, which is why they started heading toward shore.
No one onboard was injured.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- North Texas Man Gets Surprise In Mail Box From A ‘Secret Santa’
- Former Arlington Lamar Football Coach Eddy Peach Passes Away At 76
- AP Source: Giants Agree To Trade Matt Moore To Rangers
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: Can Cowboys Win A Must-Win?
- Long-Serving North Texas Hospital Shutting Down
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures