TYLER (CBSDFW.COM) - A teenager and several of his friends were almost struck by lighting on Lake Athens Saturday afternoon.
Tucker Owings, 16, and his friends were fishing on the lake near Tyler, when skies turned stormy overhead. He was recording the storm on his camera when a bolt of lighting struck in front of their boat.
The teen said that he and his friends felt “static” in their fishing rods, which is why they started heading toward shore.
No one onboard was injured.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Jones Confident In Kiffin’s Ability To ‘Fix’ Cowboys Defense
- Briles Named AP Big 12 Coach Of The Year
- Students Head Back To Class After Ice Days
- College Football Spotlight: It May Be Hard To Admit, But The BCS Got It Right
- Garrett: Cowboys Need To Address Issues ‘Quickly’
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures