One Dead As Vehicle Plunges Into Trinity River In East Fort Worth
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – One woman has been killed after her pickup truck went off a bridge and into the Trinity River in East Fort Worth on Monday morning.
According to authorities, the crash occurred around 6:20 a.m. on northbound Loop 820 near Randol Mill Road. Fort Worth Police believe the woman lost control of her vehicle, which caused it to break through the bridge railing. The truck landed upside down in the riverbed below.
Fort Worth Police recovered the body around 7 a.m. and brought in a thermal imaging device to confirm that no other victims were in or near the water. The medical examiner’s office identifies the woman as 65-year-old Janice Smith.
The northbound lanes of 820 remained closed for hours, while southbound traffic experienced significant delays as well.
- Cowboys Rookie Dixon Fined For Hit In Miami Game
- Choice, Odor HRs Lead Rangers Past Astros 13-6
- RB Lacy Could Push Packers To NFL’s Most Balanced Offense
- Texas Tech Extends Kingsbury Through 2020
- Border Patrol Agent Fires At Armed Militia Member
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures