Perry Group Launching National Anti-Washington Ads
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A nonprofit aiming to help Gov. Rick Perry gear up for another presidential run says it will launch a national advertising campaign blasting Washington and promoting GOP governors.
Amid the federal government shutdown and a looming debt ceiling crisis, Americans for Economic Freedom will air 10 days of 30-second spots on CNBC, Fox News and MSNBC.
It will also have ads on nationally syndicated radio shows.
The campaign says while gridlock reigns in Washington, conservative governors around the country are balancing budgets, creating jobs and cutting taxes.
The story was first reported Monday by Politico.
Americans for Economic Freedom was founded using $200,000-plus left over from a political action committee that raised millions during Perry’s failed 2012 presidential bid. Perry announced its creation last month during a Missouri job-poaching tour.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Community Chips In To Rebuild Keller Family’s Home
- DISD Student Captures Teacher’s Profanity-Laced Lecture On Cell Phone
- Texas Leads States Asking Judge Not To Lift Stay In Immigration Lawsuit
- Former Fort Worth Police Chief Ties To Taser Questioned
- Russell Wilson Will Be In Rangers Camp March 28
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures