Perry Group Launching National Anti-Washington Ads
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A nonprofit aiming to help Gov. Rick Perry gear up for another presidential run says it will launch a national advertising campaign blasting Washington and promoting GOP governors.
Amid the federal government shutdown and a looming debt ceiling crisis, Americans for Economic Freedom will air 10 days of 30-second spots on CNBC, Fox News and MSNBC.
It will also have ads on nationally syndicated radio shows.
The campaign says while gridlock reigns in Washington, conservative governors around the country are balancing budgets, creating jobs and cutting taxes.
The story was first reported Monday by Politico.
Americans for Economic Freedom was founded using $200,000-plus left over from a political action committee that raised millions during Perry’s failed 2012 presidential bid. Perry announced its creation last month during a Missouri job-poaching tour.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Father Opens Neurological Recovery Center To Help Son Walk Again
- Lawyers: Immigrant Mothers In Texas Coerced To Wear Ankle Monitors
- Texan Has Rare Condition That Makes It Hard To Eat Or Drink
- Boy Scout Board Approves End To Blanket Ban On Gay Adults
- North Texas City Drops Toilet Water Reuse Project
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures