Police: Thieves Targeting Homes During The Day In Grapevine
GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) – Police are asking for the public’s help finding a burglary suspect targeting homes during the day in South Grapevine.
Four homes were robbed in the first week of October. Police say the suspect knocks on the front door of the residence pretending to be selling something. Then, if someone answers they move on, but if no one answers the suspect enters the backyard of the residence and then forces open the back door. The suspect then enters the house and steals jewelry.
Physical evidence at two homes has identified a suspect, according to police, who has warrants out of four North Texas Police Agencies for the same offense.
The Grapevine Police Department has increased patrols throughout neighborhoods. They urge residents to secure all windows and doors, including backyard gates and to set their alarm when not at home.
Anyone with any leads may contact the Crime Stoppers hotline, 817.469.TIPS (8477) or Grapevine Police Department 817.410.3200 or 817.410.8127.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Off-Duty Abilene Police Officer Found Dead In Home
- Teen Holding Gun While Taking ‘Selfies’ Fatally Shot
- No More Locked Fire Hydrants In Lavon
- Prosecutor: 2nd Video Emerges Of Deadly Shooting By Deputies
- City Worker Destroys Youth Soccer League’s Goalposts
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures