DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A pregnant woman, 28-year-old Stephanie Terlisner, was shot during a robbery at a home in Oak Cliff, according to a police report.
Terlisner died from the gun shot and so did her unborn baby.
Terlisner’s family said she was due to have the baby any day and can’t fathom who would kill a woman so obviously pregnant.
“You don’t expect to have to bury or attend services of your grown grandchildren,” said a tearful Donna Terlisner about her granddaughter. “They are supposed to bury you.”
Neighbors described the house on Cool Morn Drive where Terlisner was killed as a “drug house.”
“They have prostitutes going in and out of the house,” said neighbor Christian Fuery.
Like several other neighbors, Fuery said she has called police about activity at the house dozens of times in the past two years.
“I myself have personally called the police I know every bit of 50 times and nothing has happened,” said Fuery.
According to police records, last month an arrest was made at the house for possession of drug paraphernalia. Earlier this year, also according to police records, an assault at the house was reported to Dallas police.
CBS 11 spoke with one woman who said she lives at the house in question.
She said she was good friends with Terlisner but said she wasn’t aware of any murder. The woman did tell CBS 11 News there is drug use at the house.
Terlisner’s grandmother, Donna, said she worried about her granddaughter all the time and wonders if drugs somehow played a role in her murder.
She said her granddaughter had made poor decisions in the past but added no family deserves to go through this.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Police Investigating Dallas Cowboys Player For Alleged Assault
- Parole Board, Appeals Court Won’t Stop Wednesday Execution Of Fort Worth Man
- Cosby Opts Not To Testify As Defense Rests
- Police: 9 Killed, 16 Injured In Toronto Van Attack
- Ones For Texas: Miracle League Of Parker County
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures