Shelves At Frisco Food Pantry Nearly Empty
FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM) – The demand for food has increased in Frisco, but the supply is nearly gone.
Frisco Family Services Food Pantry’s are looking to collect 60,000 pounds of food in October to accommodate a 20 percent increase in demand.
“A lot of that has to do with the fact that families are still being impacted by the economy,” said Nicole Bursey, Exec Director of Frisco Family Services . “Individuals are finding jobs, but the jobs they’re finding are paying significantly less than the jobs they had before.”
The Frisco Food Pantry currently supplies over 35,000 pounds of food and needed items to more than 300 families (1,000 people) each month in Frisco, Plano, McKinney and Little Elm.
Food donations may be dropped off at the pantry at 9085 Dogwood Street from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Wednesday.
The Food Pantry will also be holding a special Saturday donation session on Oct. 19 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The pantry has listed the following items as needed:
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Pasta Meals (Ravioli, Spaghetti O’s, etc.)
- Boxed Meal Helpers (Hamburger Helper, etc.)
- Boxed Mac and Cheese
- Children’s Cereals
- Fruit Cups
- Fruit Juices (small boxes or pouches)
- Flour (5 lb. size or smaller)
- Cooking Oils (48 oz size or smaller)
- Snack Items (popcorn, granola bars, etc.)
- Sliced Sandwich Bread
- Saltine Crackers
- Baking Mixes
- Laundry Detergent (approx. 40 load size or smaller)
- Size 4 and Size 5 Diapers
- Body Wash
To find out more about Frisco family Services Food Pantry, visit their website.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- The Bomb Factory Re-Opens To Long Lines, Positive Reviews
- DISD Trustees To Vote On $148 Million Plan To Fix Nine Schools
- Dallas Pizza Shop Owner Shames TV Thief On Facebook
- I-35 Bridge Height Questions After North Texan Killed In Accident
- Body Of Student Found In Marshy Area Of South Padre Island
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures