CONCORD, N.C. (AP) — Brian Vickers will miss the rest of the NASCAR season because of a blood clot in his right calf.
The clot was found after a Monday examination. He was placed on blood-thinning medication that will prevent him from racing. Vickers missed 25 races in 2010 with blood clots.
Michael Waltrip Racing previously planned to use Michael Waltrip in this week’s race at Talladega. The team said it will decide later on its driver for the No. 55 Toyota for the remaining four races.
There was no immediate word from Joe Gibbs Racing on who will finish the Nationwide Series schedule for Vickers.
Vickers was scheduled to participate in a Monday test at Charlotte Motor Speedway, but MWR had Brett Moffitt ready to drive.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LA Angels Get Ian Kinsler From Detroit For 2 Minor Leaguers
- Evans Leads No. 24 Texas Tech Over Kennesaw State 82-53
- No. 9 Texas A&M Coasts Past Savannah State 113-66
- Benn’s Goal, 2 Assists Lead Stars Past Islanders
- Goodell, Jerry Jones Moving On With New Contract In Place
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures