FORT WORTH (1080 KRLD) – If the partial government shutdown doesn’t end by November 1st, families of nearly 10,000 Tarrant County children enrolled in Head Start or a day-care program may suffer.
Child Care Associates in Fort Worth says it may be forced to lay off most of its’ workers if Federal grants go unfunded for the program.
Bob Duke, the interim president of Child Care Associates is worried.
“Those who rely on these services might want to write or call their representative in Congress and tell them about the major impact this would have on their lives.” said Duke.
Duke says this would also affect 700 more Head Start providers across Texas.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Trump Backers Cry Foul Over Loss At Arizona GOP Convention
- People In Lindale Clean Up After And Relive Friday Tornado
- Sixth Victim Found Dead From Palestine Flooding
- Minors Injured In Church Van Crash In Fort Worth
- Dallas Homeowner Shoots, Kills Burglary Suspect
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures