Grapevine Police Hunt For Brazen Burglar
GRAPEVINE (CBS 11 NEWS) – Five different law enforcement agencies are looking for one man suspected in a string of burglaries.
Grapevine Police say Jesus Chavez, 23, is connected with at least four home break-ins on the south side of town since October 4th.
Detectives found evidence on scene that links Chavez to the crimes.
Neighbors are now being cautious and making simple changes to their routines that police say may deter thieves in the future.
“We’re keeping cars out front, answering the door when we’re home,” said Christa Keltner.
Keltner lives just around the corner from a home where police say Chavez broke in on Saturday.
Officers say the suspect is first knocking on the front door, and when no one answers, forcing his way inside a backdoor. In each incident, jewelry is stolen.
“I had a cop follow me around the street, and saw another cop in the neighborhood, just kind of slowly patrolling the area, “ said Keltner.
“He’s pretty confident in what he’s doing,” said Sgt. Robert Eberling, with the Grapevine Police Department.
Eberling says in one instance, someone was at home and did not answer the door. Police say when Chavez broke in, the encounter with the homeowner scared the suspect off.
“He’s certainly been doing this on a number of occasions, so he knows what he’s doing. We can’t predict what his mindset is and what could happen if he does have a confrontation with a homeowner,” Sgt. Eberling said.
Arlington and Mansfield police are also searching for Chavez. He also has active arrest warrants in Ellis and Tarrant counties.
- Obama Jokes About Future With Letterman
- Huckabee Set For 2nd White House Bid
- Man Attacked At Mosque In Richardson
- Lawmakers OK Rules Stopping Fracking Bans
- State House Votes To Stop ‘Double Dipping’
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures