TYLER (AP) – Authorities say nobody has been hurt in a fire at an East Texas oil storage facility near Tyler.
The Smith County Sheriff’s Office says fire crews early Tuesday extinguished the blaze and turned the site over to the owner for cleanup. Officials with Vess Oil Corporation did not immediately return messages about Monday night’s fire at a skimming station.
KLTV-TV reports Smith County authorities say a couple of small buildings burned and some nearby tanks leaked a mixture of oil and saltwater. Dikes helped contain the liquid.
Investigators are trying to determine what sparked the fire. Further details about damage weren’t immediately available.
Tyler is 95 miles southeast of Dallas.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Acting VA Secretary Calls For Changes During Dallas Visit
- Rangers Activate Andrus After First Trip To DL
- Medical Community Warns Of Trauma To Undocumented Children Separated From Parents
- Pair Attacked In Deep Ellum Share Story
- Authorities: Rapper XXXTentacion Shot Dead In Florida
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures