No Injuries In East Texas Oil Facility Fire
TYLER (AP) - Authorities say nobody has been hurt in a fire at an East Texas oil storage facility near Tyler.
The Smith County Sheriff’s Office says fire crews early Tuesday extinguished the blaze and turned the site over to the owner for cleanup. Officials with Vess Oil Corporation did not immediately return messages about Monday night’s fire at a skimming station.
KLTV-TV reports Smith County authorities say a couple of small buildings burned and some nearby tanks leaked a mixture of oil and saltwater. Dikes helped contain the liquid.
Investigators are trying to determine what sparked the fire. Further details about damage weren’t immediately available.
Tyler is 95 miles southeast of Dallas.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cedar Hill PD Does Spot On Mathew McConaughey Parody
- Families With Special Military Bond Don’t Let Icy Roads Cancel Event
- Fort Worth ISD’s Only Superintendent Pick Withdraws Nomination
- Cowboys To Use Franchise Tag On Dez Bryant
- Body Discovered At Lake Ray Hubbard During Missing Person Search
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures