No Injuries In East Texas Oil Facility Fire
Get Breaking News First
TYLER (AP) - Authorities say nobody has been hurt in a fire at an East Texas oil storage facility near Tyler.
The Smith County Sheriff’s Office says fire crews early Tuesday extinguished the blaze and turned the site over to the owner for cleanup. Officials with Vess Oil Corporation did not immediately return messages about Monday night’s fire at a skimming station.
KLTV-TV reports Smith County authorities say a couple of small buildings burned and some nearby tanks leaked a mixture of oil and saltwater. Dikes helped contain the liquid.
Investigators are trying to determine what sparked the fire. Further details about damage weren’t immediately available.
Tyler is 95 miles southeast of Dallas.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ventura Passage To Be Cut From Kyle’s “American Sniper” Book
- Jerry Not Concerned By Raiders Exploring Move To San Antonio
- AT&T Picks San Antonio For Faster Internet
- Hyundai Recalls 883K Sonatas To Fix Gear Shifters
- Dallas Firefighter’s Widow Demands Answers
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures