AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Gov. Rick Perry will be traveling with his wife to London and Israel later this week to promote the Texas economy and businesses.
The governor’s office released a statement Tuesday saying Perry will meet with government and business leader at both stops beginning Oct. 16.
Perry is expected to take part in announcing a higher education cooperation project between Texas A&M and Israel. Perry will also attend a water conference.
The governor’s statement said the trip will be paid for by a private marketing fund called Texas One and Perry’s new political action committee, Americans for Economic Freedom. The committee was founded using $200,000-plus left over from a political action committee that raised millions during Perry’s failed 2012 presidential bid.
Texas exported more than $4 billion in goods and services to the United Kingdom in 2012 and almost $1 billion to Israel.
Perry and his wife Anita are scheduled to return to Texas on Oct. 25.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- WWE: Why Naomi Will Reclaim The SmackDown Women’s Title
- Texas Bill Would Bar Immigration Enforcement In ‘Safe Zones’
- Protest Planned For House Speaker Paul Ryan’s Texas Visit
- 7 Earth-Size Worlds Found Orbiting Star; Could Hold Life
- New Voter ID Bill Prompts Texas To Ask Court For More Time
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures