COLLEGE STATION (AP) – Texas A&M football fans who want to tromp on the same playing surface as Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel can buy some Kyle Field grass.
Online sales began Monday on live grass from the football stadium in College Station. A new playing surface is being grown off-site and will be installed in time for the 2014 season.
A&M plans to harvest the current grass following the final home Nov. 9. against Mississippi State. Buyers must pick up the Aggie field grass the next day.
Each harvested pallet of about 450 square feet of sod goes for $400. A limited number of single squares of grass are $20 apiece. Buyers will receive a certificate of authenticity.
Kyle Field uses tifway bermuda that is over seeded with rye grass.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Storm Lingering In Southern Plains; More Flooding Possible
- On-Duty Dallas Police Officer Arrested For Suspicion Of DWI
- Oklahoma Bashes Oklahoma State 58-23 In Bedlam
- LSU Defeat Texas A&M 19-7
- Arlington Homicide Detectives Investigating 20-Year-Old Man’s Death
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures