DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A popular North Texas attraction is getting a boost on Wednesday with programs that will help people stay active outdoors. Health service company Cigna is now the official sponsor of fitness programs at Klyde Warren Park.
The new sponsorship aims to help people enjoy the park and stay fit at the same time. Starting now, expect to see more events at the park which revolve around health and wellness. An outdoor stage will be used for activities like yoga, tai chi and zumba. Other fun events set for Klyde Warren Park’s east lawn include badminton, ping pong and foosball.
Cigna will also have a series of health coaches speaking at the park throughout the year.
The Cigna deal is a two-year commitment.
Cigna CEO David Cordani was at the park on Wednesday for the sponsorship announcement. “As a health service company, we’re all about making a difference in the communities we work, serve and play in,” Cordani stated. “This environment creates a great venue for people to be active — whether it’s ping pong, through yoga, zumba, just taking a walk, or just enjoying their afternoon taking a lunch break. So, it fits within health and well-being, whether it’s physical health or mental health, and we’re proud to be a key sponsor here.”
- SMU Officer Mark McCullers To Be Laid To Rest Today
- Never Give Up In Fantasy Baseball, Even If It Seems Hopeless With Five Weeks Left
- Cowboys To Look For QB In ‘The Second Draft’
- Beyonce Outshines Her Music Peers At MTV VMAs
- Fried Jell-O & Cookie Fries Among State Fair Of Texas Food Winners
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures