ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — Dwayne Harris had a special performance on Sunday night against the Redskins. For the second time this season, the NFL is recognizing him for his efforts.
The NFL named Harris the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week for the second time this season after the wide receiver compiled 222 return yards in the Cowboys 31-16 win.
Harris’ night included an 86-yard punt return for a touchdown in the second quarter, which extended the Dallas lead to 14-3. Tony Romo converted a third quarter drive which began with a 90-yard kickoff return by Harris.
Harris became just the third player in NFL history to have punt and kick returns of 85-plus-yard in the same game. His total of 222 return yards is the fourth-most in franchise history.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Garrett Wants The Best For Tony Romo, Declines To Name A Starting QB
- Eichel Scores Twice In Sabres’ 4-1 Win Over Stars
- Villanova Jumps Kansas, Moves Back To No. 1 In AP Basketball Poll
- Packers-Cowboys Biggest Ratings Draw For A Divisional Game In 20 Years
- Dollars And Sense Of Romo’s Financial Future With Cowboys