INDIANAPOLIS (AP) – Shawn Marion had 18 points and 11 rebounds to help the Dallas Mavericks beat the Indiana Pacers 92-85 in a preseason game on Wednesday night.
Monta Ellis added 13 points and nine assists for the Mavericks, who nearly squandered a 23-point second-half lead.
Indiana forward Danny Granger left the game with 4:05 left in the first quarter with a strained left calf and did not return.
He missed most of last season after having surgery on his left knee. He made 1 of 4 shots and scored three points before leaving.
Luis Scola and Orlando Johnson each scored 14 points for the Pacers.
Four of Indiana’s regular starters sat out. Roy Hibbert, David West and George Hill rested and Paul George has bronchitis.
Dallas’ Vince Carter rested and Jose Calderon (strained left hamstring), Devin Harris (left foot surgery) and Shane Larkin (fractured right ankle) also did not play.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family Overcomes Grief, Shares Inspiring Adoption Story
- Sanitary Sewers Overflowing In Plano
- Michigan Outlasts Texas 78-72 In Bahamas
- Arlington PD Running “No Refusal” Plan Thanksgiving Weekend
- Blair Wins 700th Game As No. 10 Texas A&M Women Beat Cal
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures