Morning Earthquake Shakes Ovilla
Get Breaking News First
OVILLA (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – An earthquake shook the area around the town of Ovilla around 8:30 Wednesday morning.
Ovilla is about four miles southeast of Cedar Hill.
According to the United States Geological Society, the quake had a magnitude of about 2.4.
The Ellis County Sheriff’s Department had no immediate reports of anyone hurt or damage from the earthquake.
Ovilla is a town of about 3,500.
CBS 11 News spoke with Corky Brown, Public Relations Manager for the City of Cedar Hill about how it felt.
- CDC: Highly Unlikely Ebola Virus Has Spread
- Dallas Cowboys Player Accused Of Sexual Assault
- Big Tex Preaches Ebola Precautions
- Uncertainty Continues At Apartments Where Ebola Patient Stayed
- Steroid Bust Nets Prison Guards, Would-Be NFLer
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures